The wrongful termination law protects employees who get laid off due to a wrong reason through remedies.
Although employees in California work on “at-will” employment that allows employers to terminate them anytime for any reason, there are a few exceptions to this that protect them. In case of violation of employment contract or public policy, an employee has the right to legal compensation. Wrongful termination can be dismissed if;
- The employer violates the “Fair Employment and Housing Act” and Sarbanes-Oxley Act’s protection
- Employer’s claim is a whistleblower retaliation
- Employer fires because of his/her political activities
- the decision is retaliation for a lawsuit like qui tam
California’s WARN ACT makes employees entitled to get their payback if termination occurs due to business closure (with less than two months notice) or mass layoff. Moreover, some wrongful termination laws in California prohibit authorities from taking adverse actions against employees other than terminating them.
When there is a contract dispute between the companies, the provision regarding violation prevails in terms of arbitration, liability, medication, and legal jurisdiction. It is worth mentioning that businesses cannot cure all agreement disputes easily.
A business litigation attorney negotiates commercial contracts and agreements and also handles violation of contract litigation. The contract litigation services may include;
- Intellectual property-related contracts and licenses
- Commercial B2B agreements
- Manufacturing agreements
- Buy-Sell contracts
- Employment agreements
- Maintenance agreements
- Non-disclosure contracts
- Financing agreements
- Reseller contracts
- Information technology agreements
Contract violation is one of the claims entrepreneurs assert in the significant business disputes. That is what makes hiring a litigation attorney with experience in dealing with a wide range of commercial and business-related disputes extremely important.
In general, the following are the main types of violations in agreements.
- Anticipatory violation of contract
- Fundamental or actual contract breach
- A minor breach of agreement
- Material breach of agreement
Our litigation lawyers, in this regard, have the right set of skills when it comes to handling complex matters of contract breach cases. They have an in-depth understanding of business laws and litigations.